Dr. Avilés is committed to educating the general public on gender identity issues. As part of her mission to improve the quality of life of those in the transgender and gender non-binary community, Dr. Avilés continues to train healthcare professionals on providing the proper services to guide transgender and gender non-binary individuals to understand, accept, and affirm their gender identity.
Through Transcending Identities, Dr. Avilés is focused on assisting organizations and corporations in creating a safe and respectful environment for their transgender and gender non-binary employees and consumers.
Dr. Avilés and her collaborators provide professional training and educational conferences about gender identity, gender dysphoria, and their related topics.
The professional training sessions and educational presentations include, but are not limited to the following topics:
• Understanding the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity.
• Evaluating and addressing attitudes towards transgender and gender non-binary individuals.
• Understanding diversity and treating transgender and gender non-binary individuals with respect.
• Legal protection for the transgender community: Understanding and complying with the law.
• Facilitating employee transition/gender affirmation process in the workplace.
• Transition/gender affirmation process in school or educational institutions.
All professional training sessions are tailored to the organization’s needs.